CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy National Digital Scrapbook Day!!!

WHEW! What a day. I started out thinking I was going to sit and get to scrap all day...that didn't last long. Hubby has been sick so Kaity and I got up and got breakfast. I did manage to get a speed scrap in during that time too. I need to tweak the page though...this one was difficult and I didn't really have some of the elements she was asking for! I actually had to buy a kit during the speed scrap to complete it and then when it was all over the participation prize wasn't something I would have spent the time and energy trying to earn....GOOD GRIEF! But, it will be a cute page when I fix it....I'll upload sometime in the near future!

I have several I need to upload...I've been working on a ton of stuff! =) I think I may go back to my "Slide" features though (like at the bottom of this page) as it just looks 'cleaner'! I have used those now for a couple years on our other family website and they always seem to come out with really cool new designs!

I did manage to hit a couple blog trains for tons of freebies and make it to several sites to see what they were offering. I did all that and my daily downloads in between house cleaning, and finishing Halloween! We spread it over 2 days this year. We went to the pumpkin patch early on when the sun was shining for some beautiful pics. Our weather continued to be nice (unusual) so by the time Halloween rolled around and we were ready to carve pumpkins we found they were rotting! YUK! So, on Jim's way home he picked up a carving pumpkin. I planned to carve, get Kaity dressed up, go trick or treating at the mall, then go out to dinner. Kaity was pretty tired to start with so we didn't quite get everything done in that order. During the day I had even planned to make 2 pumpkin pies from 2 "pie pumpkins" that I bought...that didn't get done either! So, we just did dinner at the Olive Garden then trick or treating yesterday and I baked the pies while Daddy carved a pumpkin with Kaity. I bought a kit for small kids some time ago...remember light bright?? Well these plastic pegs were just the perfect thing for Kaity to feel like she could be involved! She LOVED pounding them into the pumpkin. It came with a battery operated light bulb for inside and I have to say...it was so easy and we'll definitely do it this way again! Too bad we didn't have it ready for yesterday...but oh well!

Well...I'm on to scrapping now with what's left of my evening (10:30pm now). Church & scrap get together tomorrow, then canning apples (round 2) on Monday! Oh, and my Mom confirmed that they will be coming to our house this year for Thanksgiving...so I'll be preparing for that too! I think Lori & Christian (sister & her hubby) will go to their friends' house in Spokane this year...at leas that is their plan right now!




After church tomorrow I plan to go to an all day/night scrap thing and knock quite a few projects out! I have SO MUCH to work on, which is nice because you never really know what you'll be in the mood for! =)

0 comments: