CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

MIA...last seen...SCRAPPING (of course)!!!

It has been so much fun to be on a couple Creative Teams and watch the layouts just fly! I don't think I ever got so many layouts done in such a short amount of time while paper scrapping! At least none that I got to keep...the gift albums with lots of pages made great gifts though! =)

So, I've been working on these over the last couple of days. They have been long anticipated! This Himmel bed was purchased in Germany by my parents when I was born. They shipped it back to the states and saved it all these years. They gave it to me years ago to store for "when that time came" and unfortunately it took longer than anyone expected, but it DID come!

When Jim and I opened the box the boards were wrapped in newspaper....dated 1974/1975 after my sister was done with it. It was sticking to the boards in places and the newsprint was coming off onto the white paint. The brass fitting were also a mess! I was like...GREAT...this isn't exactly what I had in mind! But, my handy hubby got to work with repainted and scrubbing the brass. It was just like new! I also added my touch by changing all the bedding to pink! The sides were a pink/creme gingham check design by Disney's Classic Winnie the Pooh line available at the time. the canopy was a sheer pink soft toule that increasingly had sparkles as it got closer to the floor. Because it was so light and "flow-y" I sewed on a faux pearl beading all along the bottom to give it weight and made a casing at the top for a pink satin ribbon to attach it to the cradle. We bought a new mattress for it and it was all ready to be used again! It was hard for me to have Kaitlyn move to the crib after about 3 months...it was such a beautiful Princess bed!

So, I took lots of pics of the makeover and her in it. I dug out my pics from Germany of me using the bed and made these pages using the Josie kit by Calalily Designs. The muted tones actually worked as I wanted the many pictures to stand out and the frilly, floral frames reminded me so much of how ornate German decor usually is! PERFECT! Hope you enjoy them!





Josie by Calalily Designs is on sale at
Digital Candy for $2.00 right now!! =)







0 comments: